- Location: Cambridge
- What we were trying: Their special ‘Rubbish Cooks’ monthly event menu
- Immune suppressed options or easy adaptations: While with set menus the difficulties with ensuring what you eat fits within the limitations of an immune suppressed diet, and I was a little more concerned than normal as the format of the menu meant it used donated ‘waste’ products so I wasn’t sure how much flexibility there would be in this, I shouldn’t have worried. I emailed the team before the evening outlining my limitations and they happily adapted the menu a little so that I could enjoy the evening and still feel like I was following the concept and idea.
- Price: The price of Rubbish Cooks is just £20 per person, allowing for £5 per person to be donated to a local homeless shelter and then simply covering the service cost. To be honest I would have been willing to pay more had it gone to the shelter and felt they missed a trick not allowing for bigger donations on the night… I would have also liked to read more about the partnership, maybe as added info on the menu, but that’s just my preference
- Vibe: Parkers Tavern and the attached hotel has recently undergone a huge refurb and the restaurant itself looks great. For Cambridge folk it reminded me somewhat of Browns in the old days, with a little twist of The Ivy’s thrown in… very comfortable and a lovely environment. As it’s attached to the hotel the crowd of diners was mixed, but in my opinion that just improved the people watching
- Service: Semi formal. For the Rubbish Dinners there was also more interaction with the chefs who came out and explained the dishes and the background to them which was great
- Visit again? Definitely, I will definitely be back as a family to test out the normal menu
To find out more visit their website and keep an eye on social media for the release of tickets to the Rubbish Cook events…they go fast so if you fancy giving it a try you will need to act fast!