For the tart base
- 225g plain flour
- 110g butter
- 80g sugar
- 1 large egg
For the filling
- 250g soft salted butter.
- 150g white chocolate
- 75g milk chocolate
- 75g dark chocolate
- 4 large eggs.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- 333g caster sugar
- 150g plain flour.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- Mix the plain flour and cold butter by hand, rubbing between your fingers to form a crumb •Add the sugar, mix
- Add the egg and bring together to form a dough
- Refrigerate for at least 30 mins
- Roll out to around 3mm thick and line tart tin
- Place a layer of grease proof paper on top of this and fill with baking beans or rice
- Blind bake (just means empty of filling) for 20 minutes
In the meantime
- In two pans melt the chopped butter and chocolate (one white, one the milk and dark broken chocolate) together either on a bain marie or on a low heat in the microwave
- While you are doing this mix the eggs, flour, vanilla, sugar and salt in a bowl
- Once the chocolate is melted add the other mixture to the melted butter, chocolate mix. (A little at a time to stop the eggs cooking from the heat)
- Remove the tart from the oven, take the grease proof paper and baking beans from the top
- Spoon the brownie and blondie mix into the tart case, alternately to create a marble pattern
- Bake for 30 mins (should be of medium firmness to ensure the eggs are fully cooked – if not cook for a further 5 minutes)
- Let cool, cut into slices to serve (with cream and edible flowers)